New people at Videomaker?

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, I have been subscribing to the magazine for the last 7 months and have watched many vidcasts, I’m actually up to episode 24. I had always gone in order, to get through them all. For some reason yesterday I decided to watch the newest one, because of a camera review/ preview of the Canon HV20 (which I just purchased!!!!). To my surprise, all the sudden I see Derek and Mark on the vidcast. Where’s Morgan and Co. The dude says "uhmm, uhmm" in between every other word. I was just surprised to not see the old crew up until episode 24 I’d seen. Am I missing something here? I’m gonna watch a bunch of casts tonight and catch up. Thanks for a great magazine Videomaker, I recently also subscribed to Studio Monthly, which I liked the glossy cover, but didn’t have half as much good tips and tricks as well as other content that you do.

Mike

Inactive

how about opening a door for fans to make submissions, news tips and how-tos for submission?
      could take a poll, and add in popular stuff for your next vidcast..

Inactive

;0) Wrote:

how about opening a door for fans to make submissions, news tips and how-tos for submission?
      could take a poll, and add in popular stuff for your next vidcast..

That would actually be cool, I guess the problem for Videomaker would be the extra time they’d have to take filtering out what they felt appropriate and quality for their viewers as well as the extra bandwidth/ storage space they’d need (which wouldn’t be as big a problem as the former). I bet there are so many talented people that subscribe to the mag and would provide excellent stuff. I like how in tips and letters readers/ viewers could give advice and you all read out the tips. However readers/ viewers showing our own recorded tips and tricks, then put in the vidcast would be great. Kinda like the Take 20, but you wouldn’t critique (because you’d select a vid you knew was quality advice) and just elaborate or add an alternative method really quick to what was just viewed as the tip/ trick. Well I’m sure you’ve already thought of it anyways πŸ™‚

Inactive

Haha, just watched the one year anniversary episode. I should have never skipped a vidcast the one time I did I got all confused.. That’s what I like so much about it, after 24 episodes that I watched it I felt really comfortable with you guys and the vidcasts. I guess what you can sometimes fail to remember is that it is just a little segment of a company who isn’t dedicated to that specific task. So when a member isn’t there
      it’s not like they were a tv show or something and you should feel surprised, but you do start to feel an on screen rapport with you guys as if it were a scripted show. Contrast something like current.tv, which is a nice stylized production and all, but too impersonal, compared to these vidcasts.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap