new on the forums/to editing…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi does anyone know of any avid express pro classes I could take in New York? I’m a newbie to the world of editing, but I already I’m totally consumed! If anyone could help me or offer their services that would be great. Thanks

Participant

Hey Girly Prod,
      Interesting name. When I was doing HR work for the Feds, we used to get a kick out of emailed job applications from user ID’s like: beerdrinkingchampion@hireme.com and live4weekend@hireme.com. Anyway, there is a very unique book that I would recommend: Truffaut/Hitchcock. The French Director interrogates the master about his craft. This is very old school, but there are basic principles about story telling with images and this is the place to find them. My favorite part of the book, which I first bought at least 25 years ago, are the hundreds of stills from Hitchcock films, where he shows and explains the edits that had such an emotional effect on audiences. You will be influenced by what is happening today. Take a look at this too; available form amazon.
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Participant

Thank you Tom! I’m definitely going to look into it, πŸ™‚ sounds interesting!

Tom Scratch Wrote:

Hey Girly Prod,
      Interesting name. When I was doing HR work for the Feds, we used to get a kick out of emailed job applications from user ID’s like: beerdrinkingchampion@hireme.com and live4weekend@hireme.com. Anyway, there is a very unique book that I would recommend: Truffaut/Hitchcock. The French Director interrogates the master about his craft. This is very old school, but there are basic principles about story telling with images and this is the place to find them. My favorite part of the book, which I first bought at least 25 years ago, are the hundreds of stills from Hitchcock films, where he shows and explains the edits that had such an emotional effect on audiences. You will be influenced by what is happening today. Take a look at this too; available form amazon.
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap