New Mac Coming – Which Editing Package?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing New Mac Coming – Which Editing Package?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I finally have the powers that be here convinced to buy a Mac as our primary editing platform. The question now is whether to go with Final Cuts Studio or Adobe Production Premium. I use Adobe Premiere on a PC right now for editing. The one obvious advantage to sticking with Adobe is that I know the program and I like editing with the program. No learning curve as there would be with FCS. Can anyone convince me that there is enough of an advantage of going with FCS to make the learning process worth it?

On a more specific note, we do a lot of photo slideshows and Adobe Encore is the fastest, easiest solution I’ve seen for that application. I certainly don’t want to make the decision on the primary editing platform based on that one very specific task, but if I do decide to go FCS, would also like to know if anyone is aware of a Mac program that will do that job as well as Adobe Encore. As far as I know there is not a stand-alone version of Encore available for Mac.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Participant

Learning Final Cut Pro will increase your marketability as an editor.

Your own argument would seem to indicate what you should stick with, though I do agree with Grinner and am FCP specific myself – in addition to utilizing iMovie, iDVD, PhotoToMovie and other excellent programs for creating quality montages.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap