New in Videography

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I found this site very helpful.

I am from Philippines and I am planning to buy a videocam next month and my budget is $1000. Pls. give me some advise which cam brand and model is the best pick. I heard that MiniDV has better quality.
      Is it better than a 3CCD? Or is there a MiniDV with 3 CCD which has more storage capacity that cost around $1000?
      Is the HDD and DVD of Sony has the same quality as MiniDV?

I searched the sites of Sony, Panasonic, and Canon, and it seems I’m confused now.

Awaiting for your reply. Thank you.

Alec

Participant

Thanks a lot Hank for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it.

I found a 3CCD Videocam with built-in flash light and with a microphone jack and it cost $999.95 only. It’s the Panasonic Model PV-GS500.(www.panasonic.com)

What can you advise to me?

Anyone out there who already have this Panasonic PV-GS500? Pls. let me know the pros and cons. Thanks.

Alec
      Manila, Philippines

Participant

Alec,
      I think the Panasonic PV-GS500 is a good camera. and i also think that it would fit your budget. are you planning to purrchase it in the philippines? try to go to the shop in quiapo. i cant remember the name of the store, but i know they offer good deals there. good luck.

Dino

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap