New here I need some help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

you need to capture the file as an uncompressed windows avi file. this will give you the best quality file to edit, and when you do render the file to a web format, you’ll want to compress the file to mpg.

Good Luck

Participant

I do apologize if I am in the wrong area, Im new LOL

Whats up all, ok Im new at making videos and uploading them on to the PC for internet use. I have a:
      Panasonic Mini DV pv-gs50r.

My question is after recording something I go to view it either on the camera itself or on the computer and the quality is very pixelated and poor. What am I doing wrong? What should I be doing? Also how do I post it on the internet? How do I make sure it is a file type everyone can see?

SJ

Participant

WOW can you help a video illiterate man out with all those terms lol, I have no idea what you just said lol, sorry, I have never done this before.

SJ

Participant

Read in the manual about capture options. Capturing in uncompressed .avi basically means that you’re capturing in a high quality without compressing the frames. This makes for a large file size, but much better overall quality. Also, make sure your filming quality on the camera itself is set to be the best. Some cameras by default capture into .mpg format which means it only exports into compressed video. If that is the case you may be screwed. Also, it could be that you don’t have the correct video codecs installed, or that the media player you are using is not powerful enough to support uncompressed video frames in a smooth manner. Any of that make sense to you?

Participant

OK I will do that, so what you are saying is if I can’t change it on the cam I am screwed?

SJ

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap