Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

coments?

Participant

clip:

Participant

Participant

screw it I cant get the video clip to embed from facebook..

Participant

Here is a link that should work:

http://www.lightexpressionsmultimedia.com

Participant

Black screen. What was I supposed to see?

Participant

linux??? it’s a quicktime file…

I’m not finished working on it yet that is why I was looking for feedback, there is going to be more voiceover and one part where I feel I botched the voiceover, I’ll be having someone else redo later… thank you for trying!

too bad linking from facebook didn’t workout for me, I’m not putting this on vimeo or yuo tube till it is finished and polished.

D0n,

Not bad. Simple direct and to the point. Sort of on the ‘soft sell’ side, but I think it works. VO was fine. I could have lived without the ‘page curls’ yet it didn’t hurt it either.

Participant

thank you. I made that one, shot in hd, 32 seconds long (can trim the fade in/outs off the ends to fit a 30 sec tv slot if need be)… will be doing seperate 15 sec slots dedicated to each “Product” like “Portraits” “wedding” etc…

I’m doing a simple welcome page for my site revision mid Jan and revising my business cards and marketing.

D0n,

I feel your pain braddah. Doing the same thing for my co’s site among other things. Let us know when you’ve got it all up.

Inactive

Don, I agree with Composite1. The video is straight to the point, but i kinda didn’t like the page curls, but you dont have to remove them if you dont want to.

The only thing i have to say is (and take this as a constructive advice): Change the voice over. I am ahypocritefor saying this, since i am sure my voicewouldsound even funnier (I have aBrazilianaccent..lol), but Icouldn’tstoplaughingat the voice over. It might be only me, though… so, just do what you want o do…. =D

Participant

I agree on most points wsith the others……I don’t mind the VO, sometimes I actually prefer a normal voice to the usual “professional voice”. I would ditch the page curls for either a dip to white or dip to blur that you use near the end. I’ve never seen a page curl used on television before, but I’ve seen them a million times in amateur video – that’s not a rip, just my observance. I do like the feel of the whole piece – very nice!

Participant

“I agree on most points wsith the others……I don’t mind the VO, sometimes I actually prefer a normal voice to the usual “professional voice”. I would ditch the page curls for either a dip to white or dip to blur that you use near the end. I’ve never seen a page curl used on television before, but I’ve seen them a million times in amateur video – that’s not a rip, just my observance. I do like the feel of the whole piece – very nice!”

I agree page curls and other fancy wipes do look “amateur”… I’m on the fence with that and will experiment.

I’ve asked for feedback from family and friends and from some pro photographer friends.

The census here is it no, but everywhere else I’m hearing “love it”…

I thought having the video curl like paper, at the point where the video transitions to a ken burns effect on a still image from my dslr made a statement about the blending of the two mediums into a true multimedia product, but so far I’m the only one that sees that, so maybe it should go..

Participant

You broke the no page turn rule set in the late 80s and you did the capital used car lot offense… ya did the VO yourself and you sounded veery depressed about doing it. This spot in no way entices a bride to be to throw some of her weddingbudget your way. The graphics are bad, the transitions are obtrusive, the pace is slow and I kept waiting for the statue that was starring it it to come into play at some point.

I’m not tryting to be hard on ya. Just telling you what others are dancin’ around.

Participant

<span style=”line-height: 15px;”>You broke the no page turn rule set in the late 80s and you did the capital used car lot offense… ya did the VO yourselfand you sounded veery depressed about doing it. This spot in no way entices a bride to be to throw some of her weddingbudget your way. The graphics are bad, the transitions are obtrusive, the pace is slow and I kept waiting for the statue that was starring it it to come into play at some point.I’m not tryting to be hard on ya. Just telling you what others are dancin’ around.” grinner</span>

There is wisdom observing people who are more successful in their professions. Thanx for the feedback and the candor. Seeing your client list I must say that you are successful in your endeavors and I respect that.

I will respectfully point out that Wedding clients I serve don’t ask me to make rock videos or beer commercials. Also if one copies everyone else, then the best one can hope for is mediocracy. Avatar was not anaglyph 3d for example, hell it wasn’t even an original story (Pocahontas, Dances with Wolves), it was the risk in doing something different from the masses that sometimes pays off. I don’t feel the others were dancing around or skirting the issue with their remarks. And don’t worry about being hard on me, lol, I’ll keep the fast paced, manic tempo in mind when I’m going after clients that want product similar to yours.

Again thank you for the advice, but there is also wisdom in not following the advice of competitors in your field when they try to discourage you. I intend to break a lot of rules.

D0n

;0)

Participant

You have the right attitude and perspective, Don. This is what artists do… create things that make a statement.

have fun, man

Inactive
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video β€” 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap