Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Production Gear › New camera question
- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 8, 2008 at 7:35 PM #43739AnonymousInactive
I’m going to buy a new camera in the next couple months and I’m researching what my best options are. Right now I’m looking at either the Canon xl2 or the Sony HD (forget the rest of the name) but I’m looking at spending about 3500 bucks (and open to any suggestions). This is for making short films. I have shot a number of shorts on a Sony DVX2000 but want to upgrade. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
- May 8, 2008 at 10:22 PM #183252RobParticipant
I don’t think the XL2 is that great. I’d just get whatever sony you are looking at and get a 35mm lens adapter if you are into making movies. Check out the SGPro or Letus35
- May 9, 2008 at 12:16 PM #183253AnonymousInactive
If you’re looking to spend about 3500, then check out the Canon XH-A1. Image quality is top notch.
- August 26, 2008 at 11:09 PM #183254gregtayParticipant
How about checking out the gt35pro 35mm adapter for great 35mm like footage at consumer prices. Just google gt35pro.
- August 27, 2008 at 2:25 PM #183255D0nParticipant
35mm lens adapters are about to be rendered obsolete.
digital slrs are hitting the market with the ability to shoot high def video….
- August 27, 2008 at 3:57 PM #183256RobParticipant
I’m not a big fan of photo cameras shooting video, but if this camera is truly capable of shooting good video, that’s awesome, and im psyched.
- December 15, 2008 at 2:27 AM #183257bigbt883Participant
honestly if your looking to post on youtube or get things on dvds go with the panasonic SDR-S10 its small it works but the editing system for it sucks but still is a great camera
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.