Need urgent advice on this clip

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

HI!

I am making a few minute clip of twins that have a Bar-Mitzvah soon and one plays basketball and one plays soccer. This clip will be shown at the Bar Mitzvah to 500 guests so that’s why I want your opinion… I’ve only done weddings and events and this is my first clip.

I’m not making a movie for Hollywood, but I want it to be nice!

The first half will be the Basketball kid and the second half will be the soccer kid. I only did the first half so far and uploaded it for you to see before I continue.

Please give me your opinion on things that might need changing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XhE5N29CviE

Thanks!

Participant

Alright, here goes.

At 0:38, the transition is rather cheesy. I would consider changing to a more professional fade. If you have Photoshop, you can get a picture of a basketball, and have it move horizontally from out of the screen on the left to the right, or whatever. When the screen is covered by the ball, you can go to your next clip. Therefore, you are using the moving basketball as a cover for your movement to the next segment.

1:27. The vid cuts to black, then fades in. It jarred me there – was too abrupt. If you will fade in to a clip, you should fade out, too – to keep consistency.

2:23 – good effect.

Good end shot.

Overall, this was well put together, with great camerawork, and nice, quick cuts. This should make some people very happy when aired. Only wish I knew Hebrew… πŸ˜€

Thanks for the reply. I anyway had to shorten it alot because I need the whole thing to be under 6 minutes. Here’s the shorter half:

Inactive

The flash transitions in the very beginning with your subject walking down the hall was a bit unsettling. I think you can either skip the transitions or use a dark transition instead. Other than that, your movie is very entertaining and has a very professional feel. The movies’ changing pace kept my interest. The camera angles told a good story and were used effectively.

Inactive

The music changes don’t seem to match the video changes. Try to make one match the other when you create a montage (traditionally, one would lay down audio to a tape with black then insert video over that, matching the audio), don’t jump between the two.

Took out the white flash and replaced it with a black fade. Thanks.

The whole thing will be different since I’m combining both boys. I’ll post a final version when it’s finished.

ok guys! Thanks for the advice!

I made a final version of both kids mixed. Please tell me what can be done to make it better… the clip needs to be shown on July 31st!

p.s. don’t mind the quality… I reduced it to upload it to YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T5c0DFDh6bE

Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap