Need some advice on a video I’m working on

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am creating a video for a client that sells/buys jewelry/gold. I have the ideas in my head and the script is written, but I am not sure of the best way to add some special effects. My idea is having a lady standing in front of a white wall, camera right. To camera left will be some pedestals with jewelry on mannequin heads sitting on top. A plant to add color and softness. Here is where I am a little confused: I will be adding video in video, camera left, above the jewelry. I was thinking of two options: 1. Having a black frame made, place a green screen in the middle of it, and hang it on the wall above the jewelry. Then, in post production, superimpose video inside the frame. OR: 2. Not adding the frame, keep the wall blank and then just superimpose video in post production. The only thing is, I am trying to make it look classy, and not sure which way I can get a better look. I’m even thinking I don’t even need the green screen. Thoughts please? PS: I’m even open to other ideas.

Participant

You could add a “virtual” frame in post. I have used Digital Juice assets (motion & Still) to do this many times but any “frame” would suffice – see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=habFlmvCDfE at about 1:49 in.

Participant

Thanks Bruce! It looks like I will have more creative options by leaving the wall blank and then figure out what to do in post production.

Participant

You could also take a nice still photograph of a really nice frame and super impose it as well. I guess it really depends on how long the company has been in business, the age of the owner, and how the office looks.

Participant

Charles, that’s also a good option for me because my brother wholesales frames and I could get something from him. Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap