Need software for 3D animated real world terrain flyovers

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Miscellaneous Techniques Need software for 3D animated real world terrain flyovers

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Im looking for help in finding software that I can use to produce 3D animation video flyovers of real world terrains. I would like to make professional looking 3D animated video of scenes such as flying up to and around Mt Rainier in Washington, or Mt Whitney in California. I know that Google Earth professional offers such a product, but the cost is at least $400.0 per year, which is prohibitive for my budget restricted hobby. I tried 3DEM from Visualization Software LLC, but was unable to seamlessly stitch together the .dem files for the terrain I needed. I also tried MicroDEM, but had the same problems as 3DEM plus it was not easy to use. If anyone knows of such a product or can point me in the right direction to find such a product, I would really appreciate it. Im willing to pay a reasonable one time purchase price I just cant afford a yearly subscription fee like Google Earth Professional. Thanks for any help.

Participant

have you looked at lightwave 3d?

I think there are also some Open Source alternatives. You might google “Open Source Lightwave 3d”, and see what you come up with.

I hope that helps.

Participant

http://www.blender.org/

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/

Participant

you can also ask about lightwave on Creative Cow

Participant

Thank you for the info, Norman. For Blender and Lightwave, do you know if they can take .dem (Digital Elevation Model) files, and satelte overlay filesas input to build 3D models? I know if I can do that, then I should be able to do animated camera moves around the model. If you don’t know, I can ask around the communities for those programs.

Participant

don’t know. sorry.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap