Need recommendation for best budget AVCHD ‘corder

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I need a recommendation for the best budget AVCHD camcorder, both in SD and in HD.

My friends are going to film a bunch of speakers, and then send me the raw data on DVD’s. They just plan to put a camcorder on a tripod, attach a simple clip-on lav mic, and then shoot. Then they plan to dump the data to a DVD, and then do that again for eight days. Then I will pick up the pieces from here.

My friends are clueless about three-point lighting and all that, and I don’t want to overload them. I just need to give them a simple recommendation about which AVCHD camcorder and clip-on lav mic they can get, on a budget.

Thanks very much for your help.

Norman

Participant

Yeah you are going to want to get the Canon Vixia HFS10 or HFS100. Next price range would be the Panasonic HMC150. The budget lapel mic you want is the Azden 105 series.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap