need real time video for editing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I shoot with a Samsung Progressive HD and get excellent footage, but, when I edit the scenes the video doesn’t advance. Is there a way to compensate so that I can still shoot HD and edit at lesser quality so I can see each frame for editng purposes. I am a retired motion picture person with lots of editing with 16 and 35 mm film but very new to digital editing. Norm

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, sorry, forgot to state editing program. I have and use both the latest Pinnacle 11 Ultra and CyberLink version 6. Norm

Anonymous
      Inactive

most current nle’s have the ability to give you some rate of playback, but the biggest factor is computer. If you are shooting HDV, you need a computer fast enough to process it, i would suggest minimum dual core, recommend quad core with 4 gig ram and up to date video card

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Johnboy, I was afraid that was the problem. I have only 1 gig of RAM and a Pentium D inan XP Media Center Edition Compact Preserio Desktop. It also has a ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics card. Norm

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.