Need Music Video Creators

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I run a free dance music netlabel (bdwrekordings.com) and i want to start offering up video’s alongside our mp3 releases. All of our music is released using creative commons licenses, video’s will also be released under the same license.

Check out our music and if you think you can create some video’s of our music then get in touch. Thanks

Grinner Hester
      Participant

I am interested in producing music videos for your company. I can handle any deadline on almost any budget. You can view my reel on my website and I’ll be glad to provide some music video/EPK samples upon request.

Grinner Hester
      http://www.grinnerhester.com

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just thought i’d point out that because my netlabel is non-profit, i cannot take on professional outfits that charge upfront fee’s. video’s are released for free under creative commons licenses just like the music itself.

birdcat
      Participant

Which begs the point, why should someone take their time (very precious to me), expensive hardware, software, assets, etc… and create a production that will benefit you without any personal renumeration?

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve done pro-bono work (much of it) – What I am asking is why should I do it for you.

D0n
      Participant

I’ve got over forty thousand dollars in equipment…. I cannot work for free…… do the math.

Grinner Hester
      Participant

It always spins my head when folks opt for free over great. It’s like dumpster diving for lunch rather than going to an eating establishment. While I understand that can’t always be afforded, learning how to make a sandwich may be a good medium.

D0n
      Participant

Well I don’t mind registered charity, or special community event projects, where there is some kind of tax write off or tangible marketing benefit… but for making music videos, I’d perceive three difficulties..

1) The people downloading the videos want something for nothing, and have no reason to call me about a paying job. and if they did call, they won’t be willing to pay to fly me out to thier location.

2) The musicians giving thier songs away are probably not gonna pay to fly me out and shoot a video for them for a song they are giving away.

3) With neither the musician, nor the videographer making a profit nor wage, the only one who benefits is the guy hosting the website…. the only paying customers are the advertisers on your site.

so you send me paying customers, I’ll shoot, and I don’t care if they release the project under CC Licensing.

EarlC

A lose-lose proposition if I ever heard one.

Anonymous
      Inactive

most of the artists are new artists or havent been signed to major labels, hence they have no money. People who make video’s will sign up to the same deal as the artists, i.e they get a share of the advertising revenue, which is really only there to cover hosting costs (and it doesnt do that).

I’m only looking for newbie video makers, ones who havent spent “over forty thousand dollars in equipment”. Thats why i said i I cannot take on professional outfits. Im only looking for newbies or people who do it as a hobby.

cameramanbrayton
      Participant

I am on a creative break-through with enough processes to do something different in the music world never seen before, done on a 2002 Dell Pentium (R) 4CPU 1.80Ghz 1.00GB of Ram PC. I would be honored to attempt a music video on behalf of new artist expressing their world to the world. I am currently dibble-dabbing in 3D graphics for support only right now. Contact Brayton Scott on Facebook, or braytonscottproductions@gmail.com.

D0n
      Participant

“most of the artists are new artists or havent been signed to major labels, hence they have no money. People who make video’s will sign up to the same deal as the artists, i.e they get a share of the advertising revenue, which is really only there to cover hosting costs (and it doesnt do that).

I’m only looking for newbie video makers, ones who havent spent “over forty thousand dollars in equipment”. Thats why i said i I cannot take on professional outfits. Im only looking for newbies or people who do it as a hobby.”
      can i ask a question?
      Assuming someone shoots a video… they haven’t got the right equipment, but put the effort in anyways..
      Assuming the Musician get a record deal…
      I have never heard of a Musician turning down a record deal with a “If he goes, I go too” ultimatum to ensure a videographer get a payday as well…

Isn’t more likely that the record label will say “the song is nice, but the video needs to be more professional” and hire a pro, like say Grinner that they have a working relationship with?
      And also, (Not that Grinner would ever do this) what would stop the professional outfit from just stealing the amateurs ideas and redo the project better?

I can shoot a video for a local band, here, write up a contract and post it on Utube, no middle man required, and at least get other word of mouth refferals locally, as well as any fee I’m willing to shoot fo/ client is able to pay… so why would either of us, need a middle man to get out talent out there?

Shsrinc
      Participant

I've been writing some exciting music and would like to have animated videos to to the music. I don't have time to learn how to do it. Can this even be done? If anyone's interested in assisting me send me a email. stvseh@gmail.com

Anonymous
      Inactive

I'm interested. I've been making music videos and posting them on youtube for 3 years now. Doing this would actualy give me something to put on a resume. You can contact me through email or my blogger.http://dwt-emanuel.blogspot.com/ dragona5959@yahoo.com

darbyohara
      Participant

I am not a professional business in videography and I am just an amatuer.  But I just can't understand why someone would invest their time and money into a project that won't benefit themselves in any way what so ever.  Free thank yous are for dialog, not service.  I wouldn't mind doing a music video with my equipment, skills.. but I would be nutz to give away any of my rights with a public license.  Anyone that does this would be foolish unles they are wealthy and nothing better to do.  Even amatuers with a hobby want something… at least to hold their rights of their work!

I would suggest that the OP he evaluate your offer… but given the majority of replies, it doesn't appear anyone is jumping through the hoops to do this.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Totally changing the subject here…well kinda, but did you guys see stillmotion's article on working for free?? They didn't say what I thought they would, check it out: http://stillmotionblog.com/2013/05/07/do-you-work-for-free/

Now after listing that don't think I'm saying we should jump on this music video thing, but for other free projects you never know right??

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts, I'll start a thread about it.

chime in here, I'd love to hear your thoughts: http://www.videomaker.com/forum/topic/do-you-work-for-free

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Im a recording artist looking for representation. I record write sing and have recorded myself on video as well as eidited I believe I know how to put a video together Im attending school for Graphic deign and would love to creat a portfolio of works as well as work on artist career when able. I can work on a intern bases because I really need some steady income. Well I hope you will get intouch with me as ASAP.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K5olulk2ae4&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank You ,

David Jackson AKA Davie Jones

davidlashun@fullsail.edu or @gmail.com

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Classifieds’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN