Need Information about the production studio

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I want to start a video production studio soon, I need help in this regard that what type of equiepments I need & how much it would cost???

Participant

Runing a production company can be really expensive and hard to do.

First, you need to figure out what you want to do. Do you want to just do audio, digitize film, color correction, FX, etc. Then, you need to get the components to be able to do this.

Doing this can be very complicated and difficult. Most people know exactly what they want to do, know the equipment they need, and know how to use that equipment (probably have used it already some other place). I would recomend you think about getting a job at a production company first, and see if you really want to do that and if so, which aspect you want to specialize in. Once you get your own hands on experience, you’ll answer your own questions and know what you need and what you want to do.

Just my two cents. Remember, don’t let anyone tell you you can’t do something!

Participant

Hi Goloo,

Just to add to ralcks’ message, you may want to consider http://www.interactivefilmschool.com/ Although it is geared towards filmmakers, it is a fantastic way of helping you figure out: 1 – what you’d like to do (as per ralcks’ good suggestion) and, 2 – the various phases of producing any film or video. I own this program and I can’t say enough good things about it.

You may already know all of these things, but another thing to consider is that you’ll want your staff to be up to speed on the same things you are and this could be a huge capacity-building resource for your production team. Hope this helps.

Participant

I thought about this in trying to establish a digital media center at my company. Bottom line – for a small starter group (read only me and equipment for one or two) for hardware (PC’s, drive space & peripherals), software (gotta run fully licensed), cameras (you will need at least two, one for backup – both pro-sumer at least), assets (royalty free stuff – music, graphics, photos, stock clips, etc….) and a starting batch of consumables (DVD’s, tapes, labels. cases, stuff like that) figure anywhere from $50,000 at the low end to around $100,000 to be more realistic.

That’s just my opinion – your mileage may vary. I am not a professional videographer nor do I play one on TV.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap