Need help with video frame size etc, formats

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi I was wondering, I have a particular video that I want to burn to a dvd and watch it on my television unfortunately, my frame size of that particular video is 1280 x 720. And was wondering if the frame size is big, would there be some cuts at the edge of the video because the frame size is big? and what is the format and codec to play a dvd? also any video maker which is free is able to play .mkv files instead of .avi?

Participant

For mkv try the free DivX Plus player.

You can read this http://www.videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/720p-hd-on-non-hd-dvd-player

Participant

Thanks! Unfortunately, it did not answer my question =(

Participant

Amirul,

The edge of your frame will not be chopped off. This is because in order to burn a DVD, you have to meet DVD Specification. Part of that specification is a frame size of 720X480 or 720X480 Anamorphic, which is 16:9 SD.

You’ll need an encoding program to compress to the proper formats for DVD. Those formats would be MPEG-2 for the video stream and .AC3 for the audio stream.

Participant

PCM or mpg audio coding will do too.

Participant

Thanks guys =D. but a question for robGrauert, converting it toMPEG-2 is all goods, but doesnt that make the quality a bit bad? also is there a difference burning it with mpeg-2 format and avi format? a friend of mine says burning avi format is good but is this true? i just hope thesubtitlescan be seen =(

Participant

DVD players wont read .AVI files. DVD Specification requires MPEG-2. MPEG-2 won’t look bad if you understand compression. What format do you think Hollywood DVDs are compressed to?

If your friend is “burning an .avi file,” his DVD authoring program is likely converting it to MPEG-2 for him.

Participant

I see! Thanks robGRAUERT! Your a life saver =P

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube — 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap