Need Help With Vegas Please!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I just got Sony Vegas Movie Studio and am having a bit of trouble. I’ve been capturing footage through Vegas from my Panasonic PV-GS300. In the capture window, I can preview the footage and it plays perfectly with both audio/video. Then, when I move the footage into the timeline to edit it, I have perfect video but no sound what-so-ever.

I’ve tried everything I can think of, but just can’t get it to work. Can somebody please give me a tip? Pretty please!! Thanks for any information you can help me with.

Participant

I just got Sony Vegas Movie Studio and am having a bit of trouble. I’ve been capturing footage through Vegas from my Panasonic PV-GS300. In the capture window, I can preview the footage and it plays perfectly with both audio/video. Then, when I move the footage into the timeline to edit it, I have perfect video but no sound what-so-ever.

OK – You can preview it but did you actually capture it. I am assuming (gets me into trouble much) that you have the camera hooked up via a FireWire (IEEE 1394 or iLink) connection. I believe the "Preview" is just playing the tape while "Capture" would actally grab the DV source and put it on your hard drive for future work.

Lemme know.

Bruce

Inactive

I can preview the footage and it plays perfectly with both audio/video. Then, when I move the footage into the timeline to edit it, I have perfect video but no sound what-so-ever.

I use Sony Vegas Studio (Platinum) to capture from my Panasonic (PV-GS65) via Firewire.

First thing to try: Select OPTIONS from the Sony Capture program, then PREFERENCES. Look at the CAPTURE tab and make sure "Capture Audio" is checkmarked.

If that’s not it, post more details; I’ll try again.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap