NEED HELP!! with Sony HDV files and what to render

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing NEED HELP!! with Sony HDV files and what to render

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

While I’ve been an udio/videophile for years, this is my first attempt at editing. I am strictly looking toedit family stuff shot on my Sony HDR-SR1, which are AVCHD.

What I want toaccomplish is use my new Sony Vaio AW-190 to edit many different files together to produce 1 main movie. Then burn onto Bluray disc (directly within the Notebook) to have physical copy for archiving & possible use in a Bluray player. ALSOI want to prepare/render to a digital file to place on my server on my home network. Then, I want to be able to stream any particular video i choose using my Vaio Notebook which will then be conected to my projector via HDMI.

I am not very good at understanding all the many codecs, which ones work best for what…I simply want to maintain the best possible A/V quality & end up with the bst, most pratical file format that will play easily theu a player on my Vaio thru to my Projector in my Home Theater. Windows Media player doesn’t seem to see or play many of the files…some it says it may polay but doesn’t recognize the file type….

Any and all suggestions andtips would be greatly appreciated. There are so many options and I just don’t know exactly where to go for the specific info i need. I’m hoping one of you will take the time to throw me some advice!!

Thanks!!!

Participant

Then burn onto Bluray disc (directly within the Notebook) to have physical copy for archiving & possible use in a Bluray player.

Burning to Blu-Ray for archive isn’t a bad idea, but I don’t think there is much support for Blu-Ray Authoring right now. Be sure you’re computer can burn Blu-Ray as well.

In the end, if you want to connect your laptop to a project for viewing, exporting your video in the H.264 codec will probably be fine. I’m sure Windows Media Player can play that format. If not, get Quicktime player. It’s free anyway.

Participant

Have you decided on what program you are going to use to stream video on your home network? I use Windows Media Player 11 as my streaming server and it can work with a wide variety of file types MPEG-4 (h.264 is a type of MP4), WMV, AVI, MPEG, etc. At teh moment I stream to other computers on my network and to my PS3.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap