Need help with converting video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      serena
      Participant

Hi I need help with converting a video file from AVI to MPEG. I have tried all the programs that i have and can’t get the job done. Can en one help me?

birdcat
      Participant

Are you wanting to just do a straight convert of the entire file or do you want to edit it and output that to DVD (MPEG-2)?

If you want to edit the video, you’ll need what is called a non-linear editor (NLE). There are many out there ranging in price from free to many thousands of dollars and all having varying levels of functionality and features.

On a PC, for free, Microsoft gives you MS Movie Maker which is not bad and has come a long way in the past couple of years. For under $100 there are a couple of good offerings from Sony, Adobe and others. Once you want some really advanced features you’ll need to move into the professional area where Sony Vegas Pro is about $500 (what I use and I believe the cheapest professional NLE) up to Avid Media Composer for about two grand, with others like Adobe Premiere Pro falling in the middle at about $800.

If you’re on a MAC you can use iMovie (which I think comes with it) or move up to Final Cut Express for about $200 or the pro version (Final Cut Studio) for about $1200.

RockstarRider
      Participant

look in googl for SUPER Converter….its like super..can do a lot of things…but it doesn’t work ith 64-bit computers like mine..i used to use it but now i got a ne computer and cant use it anymore…so i downloaded xilisoft ultimate video converter 5…

Omtech
      Participant

Friend,

Also you can use nero 6 , 7 or 8 to convert to the format you like. or Intervideo.
      with nero: go to nero vision essentials then make movie-then browse for the media you want to convert- drag the media on time line-then export. there you can select an export template. on this window you can do whatever you like if you want to change the from NTSC to PAL, Ratio, Size and Fps you can do. you can even do video or audi compression.

I hope this one will also help.
      Thanks Ombeni<span style=”color: maroon;”></span>

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN