Need help to remember title of movie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been scratching my head all day trying to remember the title to a movie.

I believe it was a made for tv movie, (Back when there was regular TV, pre-internet)

The PLOT: A mother (or father can’t remember) is traveling with their early teen child, they see a sign post pointing to a town called “Salem’s Lot” (Not the Steven King or the Vampire Version), they pass the sign and back up and take the turn. When they arrive they visit the cemetery and notice that every marker has the exact same DoD. (Example March 15th 2001, March 15th 2002, March 15th 2003 etc) All 1 year apart. They find this strange. Even stranger, there is NO crime in the town, not even littering, or a rolling stop, it is a perfect crime free town, no need for locks. Well the parent starts noticing some strange things, so they report them, the “police” look into it.

As it turns out a spring festival is about to begin, the entire town will draw lots for a “prize” well EVERYONE in town at the time MUST enter. The parent and child enter. Well the child’s lot is drawn, and the “prize” a stoning. Every year a person is chosen by lot to be stoned to death to deter crime, it works but at great cost.

I can’t remember the ending, but I can’t remember the title either.

Anyone know of this?

Participant

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116924/plotsummary

Participant

Was it the 1969 movie based onshirley jackson’s short story “the lottery”?

Participant

I did not know there was a newer version of it, I’ll have to check that out. I remember the story from american lit in high school. That story caused quite an upset in its day.

Participant

It seem like a late 1990’s version or early 00’s

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap