Need help on camera choice…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello i am new to the boards and have a question. What camera would you guys suggest for filming paintball. If your not sure its a fast action sport with lots happening at once. I am also into indie film making, and have made many films using final cut pro. I need a camera that will suit both the harsh enviroment of paintball and the picture quality needed for film making. was looking at panasonic AG-DVX100A or even the xl2(though i think it would be much to bulky for paintball) I am also considering the gl-2. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you

Participant

Hi,
      Sounds similar to a food fight!

You mention some higher end equipment. Unless you don’t mind shelling out $3-5K for replacement gear, you will want to protect your equipment. I suggest a custom underwater housing if you are going into a real paint ball environment, i.e., you are in the middle of an actual game, rather than a stop-start shoot, with controlled setups. If you go into the middle of the action and have your xl2 zapped, I’ll be happy to take it off your hands for $50. (You pay the freight.)

Seriously (?), a wide angle would be my lens choice. (Thinking of the exciting wide shots in the action scenes of Wong Kar Wai’s Fallen Angels.) Maybe you can find a big lens Canon L2 (Hi8) still alive with just enough legs left to do the messy part.

REGARDS … TOM 8)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap