need help now before big purchase

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey everybody, I’m stuck in a rut.

I was orginally planning to buy an ag-dvc30 but it’s sold out from the buyer I want to use, they have an ag-dvc60 available, so I’m wondering if I should just go for that?

The main thing I’m wondering about is quality of image and control. I’m not too worried about the obvious size difference, because if someone sees me coming with a huge, expensive looking, shoulder mounted camera they’ll jump through hoops to be filmed for TV.

Anyway, any words of wisdom on picture quality?

THANKS

Ryan

Inactive

Ryan,
      A couple years ago, I was looking at both the DVC30 and DVC60. As far as I can tell, they use the same optics, CCDs, and recording options. For the additional money, the DVC60 gives you XLR mic connectors, dedicated mic level controls, and a shoulder-mount design. I chose the DVC30 because of the larger LCD display, lower price, and compactness. Also, the fact that Panasonic has an XLR adapter available (though I haven’t needed it). BTW, the detachable handle on the DVC30 is very handy. And for "stealth" shooting, take the handle off, and you have a very inconspicuous camera. πŸ˜‰

In making your decision, you should consider what type of shooting you’ll do. For event videography, you would probably be taking the camcorder off the tripod often, so a shoulder-mount design would be very desirable. Also, if you think you’ll be shooting in low light situations which are not under your control, you might consider the Sony VX2100 (a regular responder of these forums swears by the VX2100 for low-light wedding receptions).

Hope this info helped! πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap