Need help locating Owner’s manual for Panasonic AG-7300

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Need help locating Owner’s manual for Panasonic AG-7300

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Greetings:

I just acquired a very nice Panasonic AG-7300 S-VHS Professional recorder which is going to be used with my vintage Video Toaster 4000 system. I have been looking on Google for the owner’s manual (in PDF format) for this unit, but it has been evading me.

Does someone perhaps have a copy of the manual that they would be willing to scan into PDF form or I would be willing to pay for a photocopy of it if that is acceptable, though I do prefer the PDF.

Please let me know if you can help.

I know what you mean, Mike. That Amiga Toaster Flyer system was to die for in its day and still has a LOT of power (not processing but creatives, especially Lightwave and some of the titling and real time transitions). And yes, the 7300 is a “very nice” professional S-VHS camcorder. I still have my AG-460 studio rig and my S-VHS-C model AG 3 Palmcorder.

I also have enough components to build three solid Amiga Toaster Flyer systems with lots of extras and spare parts from three or four other. Seven,I think without going into my walk-in closet and counting, that I accumulated over the years while transitioning to other editing systems. I’m currently doing all my work on a Mac Pro with Final Cut Pro.

But not a day goes by that I don’t wish I had the time and inclination to dedicate a long weekend to resurrecting at least two Toaster Flyer systems and using them for certain special projects, especially montage production which would be a piece of cake, and re-familiarizing myself with Lightwave to do some really cool title and simple 2D animations like I was once able. They could be created quickly, it only took forever for them to render out.

Sorry to take a trip down nostalgia lane on the Amiga system, as I don’t have ANY idea where to find a manual for that AG-7300. I hope somebody here can help you out with that.

Hope over time you’ll share with us (at least a few of us MUST still look back on the Toaster with fond memories) what you do and accomplish with your vintage system. And keep in mind that there are countless high quality camcorders out there, even in the digital realm that have S-Video output and could be utilized with your Amiga Toaster 4000.

Participant

@earlc: Thanks for the great reply. I actually found a nice old JVC VHS-C Camcorder that is “professional quality”… I right now cannot remember the model, but it is a nice 3 tube model. I think that will go nicely with the system. Unfortunately, my system is an A2000 and though I have a flyer card, I am using only one of my spare VT4k cards in the 2000 and really need to find a second TBC card,so perhaps we can get in touch. Feel free to leave me a PM if you like. Again, thanks for the response and yes, the Toaster seems to have a place even in these HD times — At least for CG anyhow.

Hello Mike. Sorry for the delayed response but other things have taken my attention (short as my attention span sometimes can be πŸ˜‰ but I wanted to let you know my first desire is to actually, someday, find the time and mental energy to tackle rebuilding ONE system into a retro-powerhouse system, with another as a backup. This may require raiding them all … actually, with the exception of my own original dual tower (one for the system, one to house the drives and some other stuff) all of these were working production systems when I acquired them. When I’d go to pay and pick up, the sellers around Southern California turned them on for me, took them through a few paces, answered questions I’ve now forgotten that I asked and have also forgotten their answers, but none-the-less they were/are all in working condition. That’s been awhile, however, so …

Anyway, I go two ways with what I have: five towers and one flat case, most of them with toaster and flyer guts, TBCs and other components; LOTS of software and guides and how-to books, as well as the Flyer Mastery Guide by Joe Tracy.

Two ways? I’d sell the whole shebang and occasionally look back regretfully for about $5K plus shipping; or after actually putting one main and one back up system together, parts out the rest, selling what I could to whomever needed it.

So, at least for now, I sell it all or nothing until I reinstate my own. Stay in touch with me. I do want to hear your adventures as you proceed with this. If/when I sell or reinstate, I will do the same.

Earl

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap