NEED HELP- How to make a video smaller then 10MB/Adobe Elements

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing NEED HELP- How to make a video smaller then 10MB/Adobe Elements

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Please help. I am new to Adobe Premiere Elements. For the store front I am using I need to make videos smaller then 10mb in order to be able to sell them as a downloadable product. I have aprox a 7 min video that I rendered in flash. But it is still 17MB. The video was shot in HD. I am completely lost. I have read many posts all over the internet. I don’t know if I can edit the frame size and if I do, what should I make the dimensions be. Please help.

Participant

well what have you tried already?

Inactive

I have tried rendering the files into different formats like flash and windows media player etc.

But this 7 min video is still 17mb. I then tried to compress the file with winzip to upload and I only saved like 1 mb.

In elements I don’t know how to change settings to make the file size smaller and still maintain the best quality for internet viewing.

Participant

You should look at using MPEG-4. There are two different types of MPEG-4 video formats: Portable and AVC (Advanced Video Codec). Portable MPEG-4is the very small (and very lossy) format that is mostly used with iPods. AVC MPEG-4 is a very efficent format that generates small files and reasonable picture quality. Many players have problems playing AVC, however, as it is still a relatively new format.

If you still want to maintain the HD quality, take a look at AVC-HD (if Adobe Premiere Supports it). This format is also AVC-based, so you might run into compatibility issues.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap