NEED HELP FROM ANYONE WITH 3D PROGRAM

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

in one month, my friends andi are creating a Matrix spoof movie.
      however, we are in desperate need of help with our effects.
      we need animations of APUs, Sentinels, and other such things that can be keyed into Adobe Premiere Por 1.5

we have checked up on many sites – found great animations, but unusable b/c of wrong color backgrounds, etc

any help would be greatly appreciated

Inactive

How funny, I’m also working on a Matrix spoof movie, called "The Matrix Jedi".

Its almost out, you can check it out at http://www.murattulca.com

Participant

ok, now a friend went and gave me a copy of bryce 5.5

does anyone know of any 3d models (that are free!) of:
      a highway
      a cadillac CTS
      a hovercraft, matrix style
      bullettime

thanks

Participant

[quote="spybart"]How funny, I’m also working on a Matrix spoof movie, called "The Matrix Jedi"[/quote]

Did you use Bluff Titler for the titles (light rays specifically)?

Great job on the effects – Loved the bullet!

Bruce

Participant

For 3d Models try 3d cafe. Also just search for Free 3d models in Google. Good luck in finding what your looking for though. I say this because first off decent Free 3d models are few and far between not to mention that if you do find them it will not be a bryce file as not many people use this software. Second correct me if i am wrong here but it does not sound like you have much experience with 3d and let me tell you even for someone who can usually pick up a piece of software and use it well without having to learn much. 3d is hard and requires lots of time to learn how to animate and light and model. Not to even think about the compositing or texturing. Two of my co-workers have Masters Degrees in 3d and computer arts and still have alot to learn. Some bullets and stuff like that would not be too bad, but a effects sequence like what it sounds like your trying to accomplish requires teams of very skilled people or alot of time. I am not trying to say that you and your friends can’t do it. I hope you can achieve your ideas for the project but I am afraid that it will be much more work than you think it might be. Spybart, Looks great I look forward to seeing the final project. Birdcat, Spybart can correct me if i am wrong but it looks like Trapcodes shine plugin along with Adobe After Effects or potentially the light ray plug in adobe includes with AE.

Participant

thanks for your response, I will definitly begin checking up on that.

And yes, you’re right about me being a noob at 3D. I just got the program two days ago from a friend, and I connot begin to understand it.

However, he is fairly adept at it, and his older brother understands how to use it as well. From what I learned about Bryce though, was that it can import a variety of files. Fro example, I was able to import 3DS Max files, and files from other 3D programs.

So yeah, I really no nothing about 3D. The most 3D I know is using the virtual 3D camera in After Effects

again thanks for your help, keep the comments coming in, and I’ll give them to my friend in order to better our movie

Inactive

Wow Ryan, its funny how similar our films are gonna be. I just watched your previews. I look forward to seeing it.

The Matrix Jedi comes out this saturday on my site:

http://www.murattulca.com

Participant

Take a look around 3DTotal. You might find some useful stuff there.

Participant

we will also be filming a documentary on the battle of lake erie. does anyone know of a site with free 3ds files of 19th century ships i can download. any help is apreciated. and thanks for the links

Participant

we will also be filming a documentary on the battle of lake erie. does anyone know of a site with free 3ds files of 19th century ships i can download. any help is apreciated. and thanks for the links

Inactive

For anyone that is interested, MY movie (not the movie of Ryan3078) is finally out. Please check it out here:

The Matrix Jedi
      runtime: 35 minutes

http://www.murattulca.com/MatrixJedi

Inactive

One suggestion:

Offer a low-res version for Internet streaming. Post your movie to google video or to YouTube (You’ll need to sign up for a director account at youtube to post a video more than 10 minutes long)

If you want to host it yourself, make a .flv format version for your site, or an .avi encoded with the XVid Mpeg4 codec and MP3 audio. Tweaking the settings will give you a video that can be watched from a high speed connection with ease.

Having said that, I have the patience of a saint, so I’ll download the full video, but I’m a rarety. Considering even the trailer is a formidable size download, not a lot of people will be popping this onto their machines, I think. But that’s just me.

I’ll tell you what I think of the film itself once it downloads (in about 20 minutes) and I get to watch it (another 40 minutes). Maybe I’ll do that tomorrow, actually! πŸ™‚

Inactive

thanks for the advice on a roll, im working on a youtube account… hope you like the movie guys

Inactive

Okay, I watched the movie late last night. This is all going from memory, so bear with me.

First of all, Rule #2 was hilarious. I almost fell off my chair laughing (not hard with how tired I was!) It was good to see that you can poke some good fun at yourself in a VERY creative way that adds to the film! That turned a potential film blooper into a part of the movie people will watch over and over.

Next, great work on the special effects! I have to admit, I was duly impressed with what you managed to do. I have to ask how you did the "Trinity kick" gag. Was that morphing software? Overall, your special effects talent really shined in the film, and i you keep applying yourself, I wouldn’t be surprised to see you working for ILM or some other Hollywood effects house someday. (When you’re rich, don’t forget your good buddy On A Roll, eh? X-D )

Now, on to the only part about the film I think could have been better. It was almost too much like "The Matrix". Spoof films are supposed to remind you of the film they spoof, which you did very well. However, think about some of the hilarious cinematic spoofs out there, like Mel Brooks’ "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" which was a parody of the Costner film "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves". Brooks almost duplicated the opening credits, but with his amusing twist. But from then on, except for a vaguely similar plot, the movie didn’t duplicate too much else, at least not for any long period of time. Sometimes they would set up a scene to look like a RH:POT scene, but what was funny was that nothing went as it did in the "serious" film. Your movie was almost a mirror of The Matrix in some spots.

Now, that one little bit of criticism aside, I loved the movie! I’ll most definitely watch it again, and I give it 7 out of 10 stars. It does have it’s own two feet. It’s funny, and it incorporates Star Wars themes into the Matrix. All in all, I really liked this flick!

Keep up the movie-making. Be sure to keep us informed about your future projects.

Inactive

Thanks On a Roll,

Now I have a youtube account, and set up my site so you can watch it easily.

heres the link again:

http://www.murattulca.com/matrixjedi

You know you want to watch it

http://www.mrattulca.com/matrixjedi

you know you want to.

-Murat

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap