Need help!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi i would love for anyone to help me out with my project for school. OK I have something on VHS and I want to get it on my computer. I figure that i do this buy hooking the VCR to my DV camcorder to my computer I have the following: Standar VCR, JVC GR-DVL505, and a computer, all av cables as well as fire wire. I have tried to hook it up from VHS threw av cables to DV camcorder trew fire wire to comp. I press play on the VCR and get nothing on the Camrorder intern get nothing on the comp. I hope you all can understand this. Any help would be much app. Thank you very much.

Participant

There’s probably a setting on your camera in the menu that allows for A/V input. The first step is to get the picture from your vcr to the camera. plug the vcr into the camera and hit play, then go to the camera menu and play around until the picture shows up (you will probably need to be in play mode on the camera). Once you have that working, you can then worry about the firewire connection to your computer and captuing. Read your owners manual if all else fails to figure out how to get it to record A/V

Later
      ~Adam

Participant

thank you very much for your quick reply but i am still stuck. There is no option of that sort. I have tried reading the manual and no help there. Is my cam even capable of this? this is the manual http://books.jvcservice.com/download/158377476/21209.pdf

Participant

Looking at the manual, it looks like your camera doesn’t do A/V input otherwise know as passthrough. That’s too bad. You will need to find a camera that will, or get a breakout box for your pc that will accept composite video, and RCA L and R audio. Sorry to bear the bad news.

Thanks
      ~Adam

Participant

am i just plugging into the wrong port? The ports i have are AV, DV IN/OUT and S. Ok I was going from the VCR to the cam via the three AV (red.yellow, white) to the AV port on my cam. Is this wrong? Thanks again for all your help.

Participant

That sucks thanks for your help and forget my last post. Thanks again.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap