NEED CAMERA FOR PAPUA NEW GUINEA DOCUMENTARY

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi

My name is Richard and i have been in Papua New Guinea for 21 years on and off now and would like to make a short cultural based documentary probably related to the production of a traditional artifact. Given a budget of around $7500 for camera and associated equipment can any one suggest what (sony?) camera and equipment would be recommended. So far all I have is a water proof pelican case and an idea. I would be away from power sources for periods of up to a week at a time but can always find a mini generator. it is humid hot and rains a fair bit. Something reasonably rugged and easy to use would be good as almost every where has either sand or dust or salt air. It will never be a big screen thing just something for TV.

Any help or recommendations

Hey Richard. You sound like an MK or something. I’d strongly suggest using a Panasonic HMC 150 or if that’s too much, one of their 3chip “consumer” cameras like the HDC-TM 700 or HDC-HS700, $1,000 and $1,400 respectively. Then a bunch of 16 or 32 GB SDHC cards and a laptop/netbook w/ an external usb drive to back up onto. With these cameras you don’t have to worry about the “dew” on tapes. We are using two 150’s at JAARS.org. I haven’t had these in the rainforest yet. They should do fine down on the coast. It sounds like that is where you are going. Maybe you can catch a ride on our inter island boat, the Kwadima 2.

Inactive

Hi Bob

Thanks for the information. Does the Kwadima 2 ever go out to Budi Budi?

Richard

Participant

hello,

thanks for sharing the nice information and views about the camera

nice!

http://www.dvbzilla.com

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap