Need Advice since I have no way of testing a camera.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi All,
      I know this question is probably one you have heard many times, but I appreciate any help.
      I am presently in the Martial Islands, some 8 hours flight from a shop that sells cameras.
      Also for 30 years I have been a still photographer. I am a member of the NPPA and am doing a 2 year project here with the indigenous peoples. My ultimate goal is a book and documentary film, suing both stills and movement.
      I currently have a Canon ZR500 camcorder. For numerous reasons this camera is not cutting it. Most notably the latitude and general image quality of the films made with it are quite poor.
      I only have about $1200 to invest in a motion camera (I know, I know, my D2x and D2h are 3 times that price, but now Im strapped funding wise).
      What do you all recommend for a camera in that price range for BEST picture quality?
      Thanks

Inactive

Thanks Hank.. I’ll look later today. I have to go do the day job for a while ..
      But thanks buddy

Inactive

I also have the canon ZR500, and the picture quality is crap. I use it for capturing and exporting footage only, Other wise I use my schools cameras.

Inactive

Yeah Luka, And what is frustraiting is that way out here and no way to test — all the reviews said it was a great camera. I think reviewers sometimes say good things to keep getting cameras to test. X-D

Inactive

Well I have the opportunity of buying two cameras for almost exactly the same price.
      The Sony DCR=VX2000 http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_DCR_VX2000/4505-6500_7-6145072.html and the Canon GL2. Both look in good condition/
      Which way should I go in everyonrs opinion?
      I need to make a decision quickly, so I appriciate your posts.
      Thanks

Inactive

Thanks Hank,
      Speaking of being careful …
      I was asked to shoot a bunch of sharks tomorrow for the newspaper from underwater.
      So the whole question may be academic after 3 PM my time …. lol.
      But I hear ya … sometimes I wish money was just not an object.
      Lee

Inactive

Thanks Hank

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap