Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Other Camcorders › Need Advice since I have no way of testing a camera.
- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 24, 2007 at 6:54 PM #42689AnonymousInactive
I know this question is probably one you have heard many times, but I appreciate any help.
I am presently in the Martial Islands, some 8 hours flight from a shop that sells cameras.
Also for 30 years I have been a still photographer. I am a member of the NPPA and am doing a 2 year project here with the indigenous peoples. My ultimate goal is a book and documentary film, suing both stills and movement.
I currently have a Canon ZR500 camcorder. For numerous reasons this camera is not cutting it. Most notably the latitude and general image quality of the films made with it are quite poor.
I only have about $1200 to invest in a motion camera (I know, I know, my D2x and D2h are 3 times that price, but now Im strapped funding wise).
What do you all recommend for a camera in that price range for BEST picture quality?
- April 25, 2007 at 11:51 AM #178982AnonymousInactive
Thanks Hank.. I’ll look later today. I have to go do the day job for a while ..
But thanks buddy
- April 26, 2007 at 11:03 AM #178983AnonymousInactive
I also have the canon ZR500, and the picture quality is crap. I use it for capturing and exporting footage only, Other wise I use my schools cameras.
- April 26, 2007 at 11:50 AM #178984AnonymousInactive
Yeah Luka, And what is frustraiting is that way out here and no way to test — all the reviews said it was a great camera. I think reviewers sometimes say good things to keep getting cameras to test. X-D
- April 29, 2007 at 7:32 PM #178985AnonymousInactive
Well I have the opportunity of buying two cameras for almost exactly the same price.
The Sony DCR=VX2000 http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_DCR_VX2000/4505-6500_7-6145072.html and the Canon GL2. Both look in good condition/
Which way should I go in everyonrs opinion?
I need to make a decision quickly, so I appriciate your posts.
- April 29, 2007 at 8:52 PM #178986AnonymousInactive
Speaking of being careful …
I was asked to shoot a bunch of sharks tomorrow for the newspaper from underwater.
So the whole question may be academic after 3 PM my time …. lol.
But I hear ya … sometimes I wish money was just not an object.
- April 30, 2007 at 11:30 AM #178987AnonymousInactive
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.