Need advice on if I should buy this used lighting kit?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Need advice on if I should buy this used lighting kit?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been offered a old, and I mean old lighting kit.  This kit is definately 90’s old and maybe 80’s old. 

Participant
      Participant

Here is the specs on it….

Lowel TO GO 95 Kit (2) Tota Lights in <font color=”#ff0000″>Hard Case</font>

<font color=”#ff0000″>BRAND NEW!</font>

<b>With 2 rugged 750w Tota-lights, stands, gels & gel frame, plus reflective umbrella all in a Lowel Hard Case GO-85</b>

<b> The 2 Tota’s can be used alone to raise the ambient level of a small – medium sized room. Or for 1 person interviews, one Tota with the umbrella attached can become a soft key/fill while the other can be used either with diffusion gel in the frame for soft fill, or by itself to light up the background. Supplied with lamps.</b>

<b>Contains…</b>

2 Tota-lights (T1-10)
        2 750w, 120v lamps (EMD)
        2 Uni TO Stands (UN-55)
        1 Tota-brella (T1-25)
        1 Tota-frame (T1-20)
        1 Assorted Gels (T1-78)
        1 Tota Lampak (T1-61)
        1 GO 85 Hard Case
        Don’t Forget to Order Spare Bulbs!
        Bulbs Available in our Store:
        EMD 750W, FCZ 500W, EHZ 300W
      Participant

Originally $700, asking $300 with extra bulb’s.

Deal or no deal?

Sorry for multiple posts, having problems with explorer and this forum…switched to google chrome and hopefully everything posts ok now.

20 or 30 old stuff for half the price!!

No deal!

Participant

That’s what I thought on the age of the things…but here they are selling the same stuff for the same rough price almost $700.

Is there something comparable, that I would be able to buy for around $300 or little more new?

B&H has that kit for 485$ brand new….

Participant

Thank you fx1….

The actual kit if its the hard case as I understand and the price would be $581.75 on B&H. I don’t know if the soft case to hard is worth almost $100. I think I am going to offer $200 instead off of your mention of no deal. I know they are offering plenty of extra lamps. So maybe that is where he feels he could be making up the difference in the $300 price. It’s a difficult one here cause the guy I am working with is the one kind of brokering the deal.

I am big on value…not undervaluing but certainly not overvaluing anything.

Anyone else know a resource for used equipment? Need to see what else out there I can get for video….again I need continuous lighting correct?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap