Need advice for image editing software

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

Ok, here’s the deal: I’m editing a filmwith Avid Liquid 7 andneed someImage EditingprogramtoPAINT OUTsome wire-work that was done in-camera, and alsoapesky boom shadow on a wall.I know “Photoshop CS3 Extended” is capable ofhandling video clips, butI’m looking fora lower-cost alternative. Is there such a thing? And of course, itmust be capatible withAvid Liquid 7. This situation has put my film on hold, so any informationwould be hugely appreciated!!!

Participant

I just upgraded from PS-CS2 to CS3 Extended and was not aware that CS3 did video editing. Sorry I can’t help but I want to follow any responses to you. I would also be interested in knowing a bit about doing this in CS3 Extended.

DrAW

Participant

Dear DrAW,

I didn’t mean that CS3 Extendedcan be used for traditional video editing,just image enhancement and painting on video frames. I’ve pretty much decidedto go with After Effects for my painting needs.

Josh

Inactive

Josh,

You can’t get much lower-cost than The Gimp. Its a freeware paint program available for Windows, Mac, UNIX, and Linux. It’s powerful…. but it has a different sort of user interface that takes some getting used to.

http://www.gimp.org

Ken Hull

Participant

I was going to mention GIMP as well. I began using it alot lately.

Unfortunately I don’t think still imaging is quite what he was looking for.

You mentioned a painting out some wire work. I would assume that an after effects such as Adobe or FCP Motion would do something like that but I am not 100%.

Good luck.

Please let us know if you find something.

Participant

I currently own Jasc Paintshop Pro (version 9) and it has a useful clone tool. I have used it to paint out things and to improve appearances. Here are two pictures from my web site, before and after:

http://klopex.com/pictures/2005/memorials-2/big/PICT0219-0.jpg

http://klopex.com/pictures/2005/memorials-2/big/PICT0219-2.jpg

I believe I paid $100 USD for PSP. I cannot speak to the differences between what I have and the PSP Photo X2 that Jasc/Corel sells now…

Good luck!

Inactive

Photoshop Elements almost dose exactly the same stuff as Photoshop CS3 but only costs $100, but it is way less powerful.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap