Need a little help please

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all, I have an important message to get out and I was hoping to use Youtube.com for this purpose. While I am pretty good at research and compiling information I am not very good at artsy stuff. Even though I see that this is a very professional forum and I am out of my league here, I was hoping that someone can get me started What I envisioned is slides of text going one after another with some nice background mixed with pictures, music with a voice over it. I would love to just post my research on the web as a document, but not a lot of people read anymore. Please help me, because I am lost as to where to even start and what kind of software will allow me to do this.

Participant

What you are describing is pretty basic. Personally, I would recommend Vegas Studio for this project, but then I am a Vegas Pro evangalist. What tools you use really depend on how much you want to spend…

Participant

The simplets solution may be something thatyou mayalready have – Windows Movie Maker. It is a part of Windows XP and Vista, not sure about Windows 7.

If you have Windows XP or Vista then you have Windows Movie Maker. It is a great little program to get you started in video editing and will easily do what you have described.

Inactive

Thank you so much for your answers. I did look at the Movie Maker and seems like it should do the job. Now I just have to figure out how to do slides as pictures, I guess Paint should work for that.

Participant

I do something like this regularly for syncing PowerPoint Slides and spoken word. The program that I use is Articulate Presenter (http://www.articulate.com). They offer a fully functional free trial from their website. The unfortunate thing is they do not have a way to export your “video” to YouTube, but you can export it as a flash video and post to your own website or you can host it on their website (for a small fee).

If that does not meet your needs, I would recommend creating your slides in PowerPoint, saving the slides as an image file (JPEG or TIFF or BMP) (File – Save As- JPEG) and using Windows Movie Maker to sync your slides and audio tracks and upload to YouTube.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap