My Videos: Looking for Feedback.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello all,

I have been lurking and reading the forums for a while, but finally decided to post. I have been filming and editing videos for about 6 months now and I would like some feedback on my work. Please give both positive and negative feedback, and yes I can handle negative feedback. πŸ™‚

Hot Spot Video:

Christian Rap Music Video:

Radio Studio Session:

Don’t Drink and Drive TSA:

Pacific City Oregon in “60 Seconds”

Participant

I know ya can’t always light when shooting reality/documentary but color correct accordingly in those cases. That last video is a fine example in the thumbnail showing right now. If ya brighten up his face and leave the rest alone, it looks mucho bettero.
      Watch your aspect ratio (second video)
      I liked your animated/voiceless much better than the ones you VOed. No need for the voice, imo and if ya must, don’t try to do the deep voice thing. It’s distracting.
      I’d pay more attention to the music selects you pull. That last one became unwatchable for me. Due to the casio keyboard vibe. Same with that mai ahi song in the first video.
      The PSA was redundant. You stated your message on camera with jump cuts galore then said all the same stuff in the studio. I’m thinkin’ pick one or cut em together but don’t stack em.
      The long one stacks dialog over song lyrics. Becomes a train wreck. Lay down some instrumentals for the areas with dialog and it’ll do wonders for viewability.
      keep rockin’ man.

Participant

Great Feedback! Makes a lot of sense, thanks man.

One question though, can you explain the Aspect Ratio comment? I don’t understand what that means.

Participant

that second video is shot in 16X9 and then letterboxed on top of that so it’s squished. Letterbox is fine if broadcasting 4X3 and 16X9 is fine as long as it’s end result can handle that.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter β€” 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap