my new web site… www.samuelgagnon.com

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello, My name is Samuel,

I am working on cruise ships as a Senior Videorapher and I just finished building my web site and I thought I’d share..

Don’t worry, I have nothing to sell on it!

It’s mainly traveling photography but it also has a decent videography section, with over 10 videos filmed all over the place…

I do updates almost daily from the ship’s ever slow internet connection…I am sailing in the South Pacific at the moment, between NZ, OZ, Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Tonga, Samoa.

have a look! if you have any comments, suggestion, critique, questions, let me know!

best regards,

Samuel Gagnon —-> http://www.samuelgagnon.com

Participant

Hey – You weren’t on the Crown Princess by chance a couple of weeks ago were ya???

Anyway – I’m planning on spending my first two or so years of retirement living on a cruise ship! I can only say how envious I am of you! Video and cruising – wow!

Inactive

Whoa, are you guys hiring? Sign me up! πŸ˜€

Nice site, man. Keep up the good work, and if you ever feel like leaving your position, I’ll gladly take it for ya! πŸ˜‰

Participant

Hey I went to Vung Tau, many times, that is where the cruise ships dock. I did film there 3 or 4 times, shooting on tours with the passenger. I actually have one video that I shot that could fit on my web site from Vung Tau, but I shot it in the country side, so I don’t think you would recognise much of the landscape anyway. Check the photo section if you’d like though, I have got a Vung Tau page…

Sam

Participant

Me again, no I wasn’t on the crown princess when it tipped…but I heard that it was quite bad…it’s one of these ships that I hope I never work on, any ship in the Carabeens as a matter of fact, you see I have been really lucky so far to get ships that do ever changing itineraries…but if I ended up in the Carabeens for 6 months doing the 5-6 same ports, then you wouldn’t envy my job!!

By the way if you guys wonder what most ships use as for equipment, it’s all done with on a MAC G5 or better with Final Cut, 1 external 500G hardrive, 2 X 250G internal drives, 2 DSR-250 sony cameras and 1 VX2100 camera with an underwater housing, 2 DVD burner towers and you are good to go! The older ships, or I should say the ships with the older video set ups use a program called DPS Velocity, really nice program (on PC) but too unstable, and complicated (not to use but to maintain)

And by the way the idea of being a videographer is that every cruise, which last between 7 to 15 days, you create a souvenir video, you go film on tours, film ship events, etc, put that on DVD and sell it through the photo department…the big advantage is that you get to get off in ALL the ports to go on tour ,unlike many people that work on ships they stay on all day and miss everything…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap