My first “serious” video. I’d love some feedback

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion My first “serious” video. I’d love some feedback

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys,

I recently downloaded adobe premiere pro on a trial basis and I wanted to make a music video of the bellagio las vegas botanical gardens. I’m a total novice and video editing and production but I did put a lot of time into this and I’d like to get some feedback. I think its pretty cool but I don’t know if others would be bored by it… Let me know, and please thumbs up on youtube if you have an account and you like it! Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO7VdE_3XTM

Participant

That was lovely. I really enjoyed it. Well edited, well shot.

EvanG

Participant

Very nice. Consider transitioning from daylight to night, following a typical business day schedule. — Or, maybe they are open all night?

Kind of abrupt ending – maybe transition to a slow-motion effectof the that last clip to coincide with the end of the music.

What? No credit for you! Or, did I miss that somewhere?

Participant

Nice work. Beware of the copyright YouTube police, though. I’m guessing you don’t have permission from Massive Attack to use their music? That said, I liked the way you timed your cuts.

I might have gotten more shots of people hugging, holding hands, just obviously enjoying the scenery – with said scenery in the background.

Keep it up!

Hi Robert, I am no expert so it is just the view of an ordinary chap. I think the shots are great as is the way the video is put together. I did not enjoy the music, just no connection at all with the subject but I am old. Like the last chap Ed commented, perhaps some human input such as close ups of people enjoying the flowers and views. All in all though I enjoyed it and was certainly not bored! Well done and thank you.

What did you shoot this on? You got some great colors out of the flowers.

This looks good. Is this for a commercial, or just demo reel material?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hurry Up And Wait

youtube.com/huawshow

Inactive

Pretty video, Robert… pacing was nice and your edits to the beat were good. Watch the horizon a little better on the wide shots, it looks like you’re tipping the camera to the right a bit. (A real common problem many shooters have.)

I would change the last shot to something that had no people in it… it appeared to me like you were zooming into a closeup of the flowers but the people walking by made me think maybe you were going to show them, instead. Remember to have a purpose with a shot that zooms in – are you going to that flower, or that person or that light…? Decide before you hit record then follow through with it.

I think it was very nicely done over all. The music had a nice lilting touch to the beauty of the garden – both the video and music made me want to go there.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap