Help with timelapse/interval recording

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Eugene
      Participant

I am keen to do timelapse/interval recording but my Sony HDR-XR500 does not have the functionality. I have heard of a gadget called an intervalometer but it seems to be made for DSLR cameras only.Is there a workaround ? It would be appreciated if someone could share their knowledge on this.

composite1

Rohlux,

The intervalometer is for DSLR cameras only. You may be able to do timelapse video with a Focus Enhancement Portable HDD or Flashcard adapter connected via firewire to your cam. If you don’t have firewire…. Check out the spec’s on whether your cam supports these devices at B&H Photovideo.

Grinner Hester
      Participant

I have great results just lettin it roll and speeding it up to my liking in post

Eugene
      Participant

Composite1,

I will follow up on your suggestion. It goes around that the DSLR camera produces better quality time lapse (in still picture mode) than the camcorder. I simply don’t want the added complications that DSLR brings.

Grinner,

Yes,”….just letting it roll…” will do it. The problem is the file size. To do an African sunset for an hour, in HD, will produce a monstrous file ! How do you work it ?

doublerprodutions
      Participant

The Firestore FS-100 does excellent timelapse, I use it with my Panasonic HVX, if you can’t afford to buy one, hire it out and check it out, it’s a great piece of kit.

http://www.rolirivelino.com/

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN