Music Video Shot with Canon 5D Mark II

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This video was shot with the Canon 5D. After some research , I decided to go with the 5D rather than my XH-A1(and renting an DOF adapter).

Work flow was much easier with the 5D, so I was happy with my decision. Hopefully this video helps others make a choice, the new 7D should be another good option and cheaper. Hope you enjoy the video.

Participant

This is a very nice video….I also have the 5D MII and about o make my first video…..what video editing program did you use and would you recommend Final Cut for mac

Participant

Great one.

Participant

Thanks for the kind words Crptan and Fadly.

I use Final Cut Pro 7…haven’t used the new FCPX. Plan to hold off on that one until the bugs are worked out.

Participant

awesome video man! can’t say the same about the song, but at least he is actually singing and not autotuning the crap out of it! overall great work

Participant

What lens did you use?

Participant

Tyler,

Thank you. I agree, that a lot of music artist today do too much audio effects. But appreciate the fact that you enjoyed the video. Thanks for the time to reply.

Participant

Phillip,

I mostly used the 50mm 1.4, but also used the 24mm 1.8 on some of the wider shots. Thanks for asking.

Very well done. You are going to do well in the future. Good talent.

How does it look on the big screen? Tact sharp? OK? noise? I also have the 5D – what was you average aperture setting? How long do it take to shoot it and how long to make it in post?

OK, here is an open question: In still photography is called the aperture. In movies, it is the iris. But a DSLR like the Canon when used in stills, is it the aperture, but when used in movie mode, is it the aperture or iris? I give!!

Participant

Thanks Dave,

Depending on the look and feel of the shot design, it can vary of course. I really didn’t depend on a certain aperture setting, but went with what I needed in focus to tell the story, my distance between subject. I would say I as around 2.2 if you wanted me to guess. It would be great to have a camera assistant to take down the data, but we only had half a day at each location.

Shoot was done in a weekend. One day at a house in Northern, NJ we loved because of its modern interior and next day, at a club lounge in Brooklyn called Cafe Remy.

It took two days to edit and color grade. We were done that Wednesday.

Participant

Fantastic movie! I really enjoyed it..

Inactive

Yeah, this was a very good video. Keep up the good work.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap