Music Video I shot with Canon 7d

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey guys, I need some feedback on this video I shot with my Canon 7d. I also used a panasonic HD camera for my still angle.

Participant

Footage quality was good but the position of the camera was not the best. I am sure you did not have the biggest room to shoot in. Maybe make the shots quicker and do not use cross fades when cutting music vids, use a hard cut on the beat. This guy could definitely play and I liked the music, who sang it? Try it again with quicker cuts and get in there and take close ups of his fingers on the keys and see what happens. For your limited space, not bad.

Inactive

Thanks Charles, your feedback is much appreciated and I will play around with the techniques you suggested. Thanks again!

Inactive

I like this .I appreciated to your work ,thanks for your technique what you suggest.

Participant

A good video, nice song. Think variety…How about a shot of the guy’s face who’s playing the keyboard? How about a shot of a VU meter when the beat picks up? Maybe an angle from above looking down, or a real wide shot from the doorway looking into the studio? How a bout a ‘follow shot’ as his hands move along the keyboard? Also, maybe think about some creative lighting with coloured gels in the background. These extra shots usually mean shooting the same sequence 3 or 4 times, but in the end it gives you way more flexibility when it comes to editing. And like Charles Schultz said “hard cuts on the beat” work good for music videos.

Inactive

Awesome feedback guys, thank you I appreciate it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap