Music Video I did for some clients on 42nd Street

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Music Video I did for some clients on 42nd Street

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

No pre-production work done (Very… un-organized clients?) Opinions?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/787361/time_square_hustlas_music_video/

Participant

Not bad man. Some constructive criticism: it could use more action, seems like it’s missing something. Maybe some moving shots of them in the BMW. For a rap vid about hustling there weren’t too many chicks in it, that could help. Maybe some break dancing? Or is that too 80’s? Could use some choreography and or some studio time with the main singers. I realize there was no pre-production work done. Overall it’s a pretty good vid man.

Participant

Nah you bring up some good points. I wish I could have done the moving shot in the car but… eh, we’re lucky we got the car period, lol.

The chicks was sorta their responsibility, lol. They did the best they could though.

And breakdancing… very 80’s, lol. But thanks for the comments! Anything else?

Participant

Probably the lack of a foxy lady is the main part missing. That would really keep it much more interesting for the average rap vid viewer. Maybe film in 24 fps? Also, it would be good if it told some kind of story somehow. If it’s just a bunch of guys rapping in a group, people will lose interest pretty easily. It might have been cool if they were walking down the street to some kind of event. I dunno, just ideas.

Participant

What effect would filming in 24 FPS have?

Participant

It would give it more of a feature film look and take away some of the home video style (although it’s not super evident here). Also, I’ve read softening up the footage can help give it this look as well.

Participant

I hope there’s a way to handle the FPS on my cam.. if there isn’t, is there hope?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap