music question about adobe premiere pro cs3?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing music question about adobe premiere pro cs3?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hello, i’m just a student and i’m making a documentary for National History Day. i have the adobe master collection on my school laptop and since i hate moviemaker, i decided to use adobe premiere. i’ve never used it before, but i have used final cut pro, which (in looks at least) is similar to adobe premiere.

well i’m trying to lay down a music track, but whenever i put it straight onto the timeline, it won’t play the video and the music together. is that normal? or am i doing something wrong? i just want to be able to edit my music clip, loop it, and then be able to see if my pictures transition in time to the music. but when i go to the video frame it won’t play the music together.

i appreciate your help. thank you

Participant

I’m not sure how premiere handles this, but in my editor I can select “Clip” or “Project” for playback during the edit process.

What you are describing is what happens when I have “Clip” selected. It will only play the single audio, video, effect, voice, or music track that I clicked on.

I have to select “Project” to play the complete timeline as it is set up for the full playback.

You might want to look if this has something similar.

Inactive

thanks but…i don’t think that’s it. i have 2 player windows. one is for the video sequence, and the other is for editing the video/editing audio. when i used Final Cut Pro, it in the upper right corner player window, it would play the entire sequence, video and music, from the timeline. but on premiere it seems to not do that. so i have no idea what’s wrong D:

thank you for responding. today i’m going to be able to get a hold of my tech teacher. so he should know what to do. thanks again

Participant

Are you making sure the audio track you put it on it turned on to play music?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap