Multi camera operation Adobe CS4

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

When in Muti camera editing in CS4 there is this delay between camera switching for approx. 3-4 secs.

I am however editing two different formats. MPG4 & AVCHD. Can anyone tell me if this may be related to using two different codecs simultaneously and if so can I incorporate the AVCHD codec in a manner that might improve the situation.

Participant

The Multi Camera editing Feature was not made for AVCHD format. Multi Camera editing is great as long as you are using video captured from a MiniDV camcorder, either SD or HDV.

I’m afraid you will have to do the switching on the timeline the old fashioned way.

Hey thanks for the info. MPG4 does work well. Now all I would have to do is get AVCHD to MPg4. HA !
      But seriously thanks for your reply.

Participant

The multicam feature is a gimmick. It looks great on the promos but I do it the old way. Eventually you’ll decide that the old way is best too. Gerry in Calgary

Participant

That depends on what you are editing and your work flow.

I normally use the timeline and do it the old way, but sometimes I can save a lot of time with the multi camera feature. Now if they would just come up with a way to sync the tapes from all of the cameras together, that would be useful !!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap