MULTI CAMERA HELP PLEASE!!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

OKAY!!

So I’m a super noob to premiere.

I’m trying to sync two videos and both their audio.

I can sync 2 videos because when I drag the videos into the time line, they show on different time lines.

However – the audio overlaps on the same time line. Meaning that only 1 of the audio from 1 of the videos is playing…with 2 videos playing.

HOW THE HECK…do I get 2 audios going?

HELP PLEASE!!! πŸ™

Participant

I don’t konw Adobe, but I would think there is a way to add a separate audio track?

Participant

Which version of Premiere?

Participant

CS4 premiere pro

Participant

You’ll just use one audio source. When using an NLE without multicamera features, I just sync em up one at the top, lay the other cameras on higher video tracks then go through them subtractively like I’m switching a live sow.

Participant

When using multiple cameras just drag one of the audio files onto the timeline after syncing them up. You can also drag the video file to the timeline as well.

Participant

I do Multi Camera work every Month. I have to sync 3 cameras during a 2 hour show. I’m using cs5 so it may be different. I place each video on top of each other, I sync them by using the marker tool then select them all, right click and choose syncronize. Then I choose to sync based on the marker number assigned. After that I do this to all my footage, and then I adjust the audio levels of each track. I render out the audio, I then create a new sequence and drag the old sequence over to the new sequence. I replace the audio in the new sequence with the pre rendered audio, then move it down to the second track. I select the first track and select ‘enable multi cam’, then I goto the multi camera editor and begin cutting it as live playback.

Inactive

I’m probably late to this roundup, but it seems that you do not have any sort of sync problem, you have an audio mixing problem. Pickup a Behringer 882, or Mackie 1604VLZ3, and run your two channels of audio from your video sources in here, plus a microphone or two, background CD, and any other sound devices you need, then take a TS (mono) or TRS (stereo) feed from the master mix out to your main mix on your A/V device. You can run forever that way, with nary a sync problem in sight! These devices as listed above will also let you run balanced or unbalanced..

If you’re running in the “rare air” of all digital, try the DDM4000, which includes digital effects, selectable audio channels for crossfading, EQ, and a alot of other interesting features.

Peronally, I would never run out of a cam directly into any sort of master channel, I’d take all of your needed audio signals and run to an independent mixer. If you want to record as multichannel, get out your clapper, and use a ZOOM HDCD16 out in the field, then into the DDM4000 when you get to the studio to clean up the sound before adding to the master mix.

These other folks have good valid ideas also, I just prefer having the additional headroom (extra channels, extra effects, etc) so I can adequately tweak before mixing into the REAL (main mix w/vid) stuff. It affords you the luxury of “playing around” and “trying before you buy” by giving you the extra inputs/channels to bounce your original tracks and work it before sending it up with the video.

Just my .02, and you paid too much for it..

Rick

Participant

I think what the poster means is that when he drags the new clip the audio is going to the previous audio track. If that is the case make sure to move the little highlited mark all the way on the left to a new audio channel. It will show an A where as the video tracks show a V. Hope this helps..

Harry

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video β€” 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap