Multi camera editing using takes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m used to Premiere 6.5, but bought vegas 8 pro because I liked the idea of being able to do multicamera editng by just clicking on the squares in the preview window. So far, I’ve only been able to make it work when I lay the files on the timeline as takes. The problem with that is I have to be able to sync my video using audio waveforms, which I can’t do with the “takes” option. I then tried to lay down the clips across tracks, sync the video, and combine them back into takes. I couldn’t get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

when using the mulitcamera editing functions of Vegas, you must get all of your tracks that you will edit together in sync before selecting them and making the mulitcam track. Additionally, any color corrections or pan/crop events and or effects must be done at the project media level and not at theevent level. However, you may want to look at a plug-in by Ed Troxel at jetdv called Excalibur. It has a nice mulitcam tool that uses scripting to make the edits and does not require a mulitcam track, meaning that you can color correct at the event level, add effects, pan / crop and not lose those effects when editing. Digital Juice has it on sale for a limited time at 50% of it’s normal cost. Great deal.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the help, I’ll have to check out Excalibur. I heard that it will give you an adjustable autosave option. Before I check into that though, I wanted to know about Vegas’ multicam track option. Do you, or anyone else, know if you can insert media “across tracks”, sync the audio, delete all but one of the audio tracks (leaving multiple video tracks), and then put it all on one set of audio/video tracks? I’m trying to get a sinlge video track (made up of 5 video “takes”) with a single audio track. I thought I could get it to work, but Vegas 8 either locks up or shuts down. I had my 5 A/V tracks sync’d up, then deleted 4 of the 5 audio tracks, then clickedthe toolstab, clicked “create multicam track”, and then it would lock up. I also tried to create a multicam track using just the video tracks… yet again, it froze. Is there something I am doing wrong or doesn’t vegas support a Multicam track the way I’m trying to do it?

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

you select what tracks you include into the multicam track (video and audio) by clicking on the track headers on the left and then go up to the menu and create multicam track. You should then see 1 video track on the timeline and the number of video tracks you selected in the preview window. You then just simply play the timeline and click on the track or camera of the footage you want to use and it creates cut transitions or you could hold down the ctrl key while you click for a crossfade transistion. Each time you click a camera or track in the preview window, Vegas creates a take for the edit. If you don’t like the resulting take, you can simply erase the take or edit it as necessary on the timeline.

John

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN