MPEG-2 Plugin for FCP???

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I recently purchased the MPEG-2 plugin for Quicktime from the Apple website because I read somewhere that this would transfer to all applications on the MAC.

In particular, I needed it to work with Final Cut Pro. But when I tried to import the video, it does the same as it always has.

Video but no audio when brought into the timeline.

Is there a FCP MPEG-2 Plugin?

Participant

are you trying to edit MPEG-2 video?

Use MPEG Steamclip to convert to DVCPro50 or ProRes. It’s a free download.

Inactive

I’d like to but can’t.

I rather not have to re-encode all of my .TOD files to a FCP native format.

Ideally I’d like to just import the .TOD files. But now that I’ve got the Quicktime plugin, I can at least do a quick convert of the .TOD’s to .MPEG.

But the conversion to any other format using Streamclip take a while.

Is there really No plugin for FCP to use the MPEG-2 format?

Thanks

Participant

“Is there really No plugin for FCP to use the MPEG-2 format?”

Not that I know of. It’s not really an editing codec. I believe cameras that record to solid state media will import as ProRes through Log and Transfer, but I could be wrong. I just know MPEG isn’t meant for editing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube — 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap