MPEG-2 Plugin for FCP???

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I recently purchased the MPEG-2 plugin for Quicktime from the Apple website because I read somewhere that this would transfer to all applications on the MAC.

In particular, I needed it to work with Final Cut Pro. But when I tried to import the video, it does the same as it always has.

Video but no audio when brought into the timeline.

Is there a FCP MPEG-2 Plugin?

Participant

are you trying to edit MPEG-2 video?

Use MPEG Steamclip to convert to DVCPro50 or ProRes. It’s a free download.

Inactive

I’d like to but can’t.

I rather not have to re-encode all of my .TOD files to a FCP native format.

Ideally I’d like to just import the .TOD files. But now that I’ve got the Quicktime plugin, I can at least do a quick convert of the .TOD’s to .MPEG.

But the conversion to any other format using Streamclip take a while.

Is there really No plugin for FCP to use the MPEG-2 format?

Thanks

Participant

“Is there really No plugin for FCP to use the MPEG-2 format?”

Not that I know of. It’s not really an editing codec. I believe cameras that record to solid state media will import as ProRes through Log and Transfer, but I could be wrong. I just know MPEG isn’t meant for editing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap