MP3 file converter?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have Pinnacle 10.6 which does not have an option to save as MP3 file, but of course 12 does. I made a nature sound audio, but can not burn as CD audio or MP3 file.

Pinnacle Live Chat told me to save as MPEG2, and to look online for a free MP3 converter. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of a good free MP3 converter? I have spent so much time on trying to make this work. Help!

Thank you ahead of time for anyone’s help. Barbara

Participant

If all you want is the audio, I would save the audio as AIFF or WAV. If you still need an mp3, you can covert in iTunes.

Participant

Thank you robgrauert. I just looked at my options, and under save as File Types are:

AVI, DiVX, iPOD Compatible, MPEG-1 2 and 4, Real Media, Sony PSP Compatible, Windows Media.

I don’t have AIFF or WAV. So, what do you suggest?

Participant

Is there an “export” option under the File menu? I would imagine you should be able to convert/export as quicktime and then adjust options in a dialogue box to get an aiff or wav. That’s how I’d do it with Final Cut.

That’s the best I can do, I’m notfamiliarwith Pinnacle. Sorry.

Participant

Thank you, I will give it a try!

Participant

This website has pretty good software. This is what I have used for the past 3 or 4 years to convert audio. It’s free, although there is a pay version. After 30 days, some of the features are taken away, but the basic conversion tools continue to work fine. Like I said, this is what I always use.

http://www.nch.com.au/index.html

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/plus.html

Participant

Thank you Brandon!! On my other post with your answer I thanked you all over the place!! You are a life saver!!

Could you tell me though two things about the program:

1. After the 30 days will the file converter tool be left in use?

2. And all my MP3 file icons turned to the Windows Media Player icon, why?

If you can answer, thanks ahead of time! Barbara

Participant

Thank you Brandon!! On my other post with your answer I thanked you all over the place!! You are a life saver!! Could you tell me though two things about the program: 1. After the 30 days will the file converter tool be left in use? 2. And all my MP3 file icons turned to the Windows Media Player icon, why? If you can answer, thanks ahead of time! Barbara

Before I answer, let me make sure of a couple things:

1. Are you exporting a video in MPEG4 then putting that into the conversion software?
      2. Or are you exporting just the audio line of the video as some random audio format like PCM,WAV,etc?

In answer to your question regarding all of your MP3 icons changing to Windows Media…

Just follow these instructions to change it back to what ever it was before.

Open a folder
      -> Click “TOOLS”
      -> Click “FOLDER OPTIONS”
      -> Click “FILE TYPE” tab
      -> Scroll down the list till you see MP3.
      -> Hightlight it and click change (to change the program associated with that file type).
      -> Then click okay and that’s pretty much it.

Regarding the 30 day trial…

The audio file conversion still works after the 30 day as do most of the basic normal functions. Since I think you are converting a video file to extract the audio, I’m not sure about that functionality. I’ve never tried that before.

THe advanced features cease to workafter the 30 days. But I’m not sure if that is considered an advanced feature.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap