Moving audio file from Windows Movie Maker

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Moving audio file from Windows Movie Maker

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello all.Could someone please tell me how to move an audio file from the audio track in Windows Movie Maker to Audacity?This track is too loud,and therefore distorted.Thank you.Linda

Participant

I’m pretty sure you can’t seperate the audio form video in moviemaker. If you have tried to use the volume contol in moviemaker, and it is still distorted, then the clip is most likely over modulated andmoving to Audacity won’t help. Some of the users on this forum may be able to direct you to free programs that you can re-capture your signal with, from your camcorder, and try with another program to isolate your audio.

Be sure to post if you are using Mac or PC, the type of camera you are using and the file type you are currently having troubles with. For instance, if you used a CANON HV30 in HDV mode, you will be dealing with an MPEG, if you used the same camera in SD mode, I think it saves as AVI. Others will want to know all that to help.

bruce

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap