Moving audio file from Windows Movie Maker

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Moving audio file from Windows Movie Maker

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ProducerLinda
      Participant

Hello all.Could someone please tell me how to move an audio file from the audio track in Windows Movie Maker to Audacity?This track is too loud,and therefore distorted.Thank you.Linda

BruceMol
      Participant

I’m pretty sure you can’t seperate the audio form video in moviemaker. If you have tried to use the volume contol in moviemaker, and it is still distorted, then the clip is most likely over modulated andmoving to Audacity won’t help. Some of the users on this forum may be able to direct you to free programs that you can re-capture your signal with, from your camcorder, and try with another program to isolate your audio.

Be sure to post if you are using Mac or PC, the type of camera you are using and the file type you are currently having troubles with. For instance, if you used a CANON HV30 in HDV mode, you will be dealing with an MPEG, if you used the same camera in SD mode, I think it saves as AVI. Others will want to know all that to help.

bruce

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN