movin’ the studio

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m kind of stoked about this move.
      A production company downtown has a very artsy building, a little too much space, and lots of overflow work. They’ve asked me to move in with em at a price I just can’t beat. The company is not consuming mine and it’s not a partnership… just a sub lease deal amongst friends with lots of potential and very few downsides. Lower overhead will allow me to increase volume with a lower hourly rate of just $150/hour.
      It’s always fun to find new spots for the lava lamps…

Participant

will do. Here’s the old studio:

http://grinnerhester.com/studio.wmv

Participant

daaamn…150/hr? I don’t even make 150/day. I think i’ll get there eventually though

Participant

I think you will too, man. Just a matter of time. I started out at a local ABC affiliate in small town Texas making less than 4 bucks an hour. It’s just a matter of giving yourself a good 5 figure raise every year or two in the form of moving onward and upward until ready to go out on your own. For most, that takes 10-15 years of working for others. The mistake I see a lot is a young person skipping that part, trying to start a business with no experience, and then not knowing why it didn’t work.

Participant

That picture looks something like my dream studio. lol. sick studio!

here is a pic of a dream studio that i am looking into replicating, i am almost there!

studio

Participant

@sirbobls that is awesome, good luck getting it! There is nothing around Pittsburgh. I need to find a new market for a studio like the ones you all are showing on this forum.

Inactive

congrats grinner! I would love to have a studio like that.

Awesome advice too, about giving yourself a 5-figure raise in the form of moving onward and upward.

However, I may be an exception to your rule… I started on my own very young, and I’ve been quite successful. I’m still young (only 23)… but I never worked for anyone else…

I do agree that most young people that try to start on their own do fail tho. Starting on your own is a different game, and if you don’t do it the right way, it’s very hard to succeed.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The Best Video Editing Software

The best video editing software — 2020

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap