Movieboard and Studio14 UltimateHD, audio sync PROBLEMS!!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Movieboard and Studio14 UltimateHD, audio sync PROBLEMS!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My COMPUTER ~

P-35 Platinum MS-7345 Mobo

Windows XP Home Edition SP3

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)

2.4 GHz, 3328 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512 Memory Size

Realtek HD Audio Output Sound

DirectX version: 9.0c

Monitor: Viewsonic VX2035wm Series

WD 500 GB HDD / WD 74GB RAPTOR HDD

NERO 9 / PCI-500 (came with Studio 12.1 Movieboard)

Pinnacle Studio ULTIMATE 14 HD

First editing program I bought was the studio 12.1
      Movieboard , it came with a PCI-500 capture devicevideo in/out, S-video, and
      firewire, but NO AUDIO. Just came with a Y (RCA) cord to run the
      Audio-out from JVC Analog camcorder into my onboard Realtek HD sound
      card. I’ve been having MAJOR SYNC ISSUES with video not matching audio as
      much as 8 second delay. (Both Studio 12, and most recently the Studio Ultimate

I have spent countless hours and wasted many TDK DVD+R
      discs trying to troubleshoot why I am having sync/dropped frames while trying
      to capture analog VHS-C camcorder tapes to ultimately burn to DVD.

Pinnacle support and myself have been going round and round,
      mostly on my part, they never tell me anything except if they don’t receive a
      reply within five days, then they will assume the case is closed….!
      WHAT??? The only response from them is to turn down the DATA-RATE
      from 6 to 4 to 2, but the audio is still off. Then they told
      me to update my Nvidia GeForce 8600GT GPU, still the same problem.

Doesn’t matter if it’s my canon G6 Digital video, analog
      Panasonic VCR, or JVC 1997 Analog Camcorder, it’s all off sync. I’ve
      de-fragged, cleaned up disc, emptied all temp/internet files, redirected the
      video to go to secondary 500GB HDD (Storage) instead of to my Boot Drive 74GB
      Raptor HDD for apps, to minimize paging files and resources, and end tasked all
      programs running in the background before I start to capture to Studio.

Someone mentioned a pass-thru method using a DV tape
      camera (without any tape) connect JVC analog camcorder into the DV tape camera,
      (with VHS-C tapes) then use a firewire connect to go to computer. Is this my
      only option?

Then someone mentioned I would need a Device that has the
      TBC to correctly LOCK-IN both the video and Audio. Or the ADVC Canopus
      100 or 300, that both the video and audio go in on the same device.

I have a Panasonic S-29 VCR, but with no FIREWIRE or USB,
      just Composite RCA A/V, so I can’t use this Ultimate 14 studio using this VCR,
      and I have an old GONG SHOW tape of our band, and a video of my dad’s ashes
      being buried at sea, that I need to put on a CD or DVD, with about 50 VHS-C
      camcorder tapes I also have to capture, edit, and make movie to put on DVD.

So eventually I want to buy a Canon or Sony Digital HD 1080
      camcorder that I can use with this Ultimate 14 Studio, and at the same time
      presently, I will need something to help me with using my stuio14 HD, along
      with capturing all my analog content and burning onto a DVD without having all
      these audio sync problems.

I don’t have the money to go out and buy a new VCR/DVD Combo
      with Firewire, just to capture the gong show or use the VHS-C converter to
      playback into the VCR, but if that’s my only option…then again, I think I
      could not do any editing with this device, only record directly to DVD from the
      VCR, that’s it. So if I can’t edit off the compressed burned DVD, then
      what’s the point?

TBC, someone mentioned I will need that to lock in frames
      with the audio, I don’t know. Please help!

DNSVideoDNSVideo
      Participant

I think you need to get a DVD Recorder. With a DVD recorder (these replace VHS machines, do the same as a VHS machine, only record to DVD) The DVD Recorder has RCA ports, thus meaning every device you mentioned could hook up to it to be recorded and saved to disk. Once it is on DVD, It is a MPEG 2 file, a digital file.

Once you have recorded the VHS tapes, finalize the DVD. Take the DVD to your computer, insert the DVD, explore the DVD. You will find files By the name of VTS_01_1. The last digit in that file name can be any number between 1 and 999, they start at 1. These files are your video files. You will need a video converter program to both convert these VTS_01_1 files to something your editing software can make use of. If you use DVD-RW as the transport mode between DVD Recorder and computer, you can reformat it and use again and again and again. Burn on to DVD_R from the computer for long lasting memories.

Participant

Hi,

I use the PinnacleMovie box to capture with Studio12 VHS and Hi8 movies this work good if you can find on eBay a Movie Box this can fit your application. Studio 14 has bad capturing function and cannot create directly a good DVD you must use in 2 steps creating the DVD file first and burning the file in the next step. Pinnacle or Avid has made nothing to correct problem in version 14 they try to sell the new Studio 15 or Avid Studioprobably not so good because is a new release full of bug or missing function

Also you can try to find a good capture card on Internet may be an expert on videomaker can recommand one.

Other solution is a DVD recorder but you have to test or develop your procedure.

Regards,

YR

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cinema cameras — 2021

Determining the best cinema cameras on the market today can be complicated. Here are the first cameras you should consider
homicide-bootstrap