Movie Studion 9 and converting MT2 files (HDV) to mpeg2

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Movie Studion 9 and converting MT2 files (HDV) to mpeg2

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello,

I am currently using a Sony HDR-HC3 (tape) and Sony Movie Studio 9 on my Vistax64 PC for HDV editing. I am recording the HDV via fireware, with project settings of 1440×1080 60i. The question I have is when I render my timeline I am givencertain options for the format, however I can’t seem to discover how to convert itto a HDV MPEG2 file format. The reason for the HDV MPEG2 format is that I have a TIVO HD DVR and it works great as a playback (I can see the quality as it will be shown) as long as itsMPEG2 (the file gets downloaded to the DVR from the PC). Is there a way to convert directly to MPEG2 format from within Movie Studion 9 or do i need Sony Vegas Pro 9?

I have tried converting to AVI, WMA, etc.. without much luck as thefile was either really big or the video/audio was poor.I recently tried using a trial version of VideoRedo TV Suite to convert the .mt2 files to an mpeg2 file format and had some success but was limited to only 10 minutes. Any suggestions as rendering from the timeline to mpeg2 would eliminate the .mt2 to mpeg2 conversion and enable a more efficent workflow? TIA.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for video production — 2020

Whether you’re recording audio for a commercial, a wedding or your next feature film, you need the best microphone possible.
homicide-bootstrap