Movie Quality Camcorder

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am trying to find the most “movie” like or television like picture than a camcorder can offer for under $1,000. Many times making or watching videos you can tell they were done with a poor camcorder by the quality of the picture. Can someone inform me or the route to go or certain camcorder / manufacturers that produce the best products. Thank you

Inactive

You can’t get a camcorder that is movie like for under a grand. Any camera used in ENG/EFP work is going to be a 3 CCD camcorder. Just about every new station will either use a Beta SP, if they have been around for awhile, a digiBeta, if they have a nice budget, or a DVC Pro ??, if they want a digital camera. The lowest Pro runs about $15,000 give or take the lens.
      One your budget you could get a 1 CCD camera. I would suggest looking at either a Canon or a Sony. Canon CCD’s tend to over saturate the color, but it just depend on what kind of “look” you like. When I was in high school I used a Canon ZR25. I think they are in the hundreds on their numbers now what it’s basically the same camera give or take a few features.

Inactive

Doesn’t Panasonic have a few 3 CCD camcorders for under $1,000? I don’t know much about them, but I’ve seen the ads… Would I notice a big difference between a sub-$1,000 camera that’s 1 CCD or 3 CCDs? It what types of conditions would 3 CCD be better?

Inactive

A 3-CCD under $ 1,000 is no good.

Inactive

I am also in the market for a camera under $1,000 with the best quality available. Currently, I am looking at the Sony DVD 406, The Panasonic GS400 and the Canon Optura 600. Just curious if you found one and what you thought. Thanks.

Inactive

hei, me too :). I cant find gs400 nowhere anymore, its out of stock almost everywhere, and theres lots of scammer websites/companies. I am trying to get it with 900-1100 price range. I wont be more than 1100 dollars for gs400. There were 2 places for that kinda price but i cant find the sites atm anymore.
      Its really well selling atm because panasonic isnt gonna make a better or new camcorder for that level/price range. So its gonna remain as only camcorder between pro and consumer from panasonic.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap