Mounting tripod head to legs?…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #48348

      Sorry for the likely stupid question, but I’ve searched and search and can’t find any info… Have a new fluid drag head I’d like to mount to my tripod legs, but I don’t see how. I’ve tried searching to see what different types of tripods/mounts there are, but find no mention of different types.

      Here’s a photo pf the head and the legs. Can someone shed some light? Can I attach them? Is there an adapter? Do I need different legs? If so, what are they called?

      Thanks for any help you can give… ~Alex

    • #198704

      What kind of tripod is this?

    • #198705

      Hello Alex. The second image of the tripod with the attached spreader has the proper bowl at the top. There ARE two size bowls for most professional tripod setups … 75 mm and 100 mm. Actually there ARE larger bowl sizes, like 150 mm but the first two sizes are most common.

      The head assembly in your first image is made to fit one or the other. From just seeing the image it appears to be a 75 mm size.

      The tripod in your first illustration appears to be one of those with the riser that comes up from the center of the tripod assembly but I’m no positive about that. I don’t know if there’s a bowl in your system or a way to remove the riser, leaving the receiver bowl ready to adapt.

      But the second tripod and the head in the first image appear to be compatible, depending on the bowl size issue.

    • #198706


      That head looks a lot like one of mine, If you flip it over there should be some small allen screws that will release the bowl and it should then screw on to the legs? as far as I can tell from the pic


Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.