monopod, Has anyone had any luck

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am filming at horse shows a lot and am new to filming, I tend to run from ring to ring, sometimes 3 or 4. I was considering a monopod for stability and was wondering what results, favorable or not, people have had. Is it easiest to use the whole monopod for panning? Thanks all.

Inactive

modo pods are really nice for a quick set up, stability is up to the user, i.e. how steady you are. as far as panning, you can simply turn on the monopod. I would recommend a monopod with a ball head on it, something that allows you to pan and tilt easily.

Good Luck

John

Participant

I hate monopods, always preferred a tripod. It takes some time to get used to it, but the results are worth trying.

Shoot-It-Yourself Wedding Video

Participant

I bought one and used it for a school choir concert.

It was okay. During the lulls I still had to hold the camera and monopod. If it were tripod mounted I could walk away from it so to speak.

As fas as panning, easy and as smooth or rough as I wanted.

Tilting, I set my camera’shandle to be atchin level, so I could look over the top of the camera.
      I used the screen vs. the eye piece. It was easy to move my arm forward or back to tilt.

Over all for what I was shooting it worked well. IfI needed to be realmobile I would a lot.Normally, I am hunting videos, which is slow, but hours is the stand the tripod works better.|
      I carry it with me every whereI go to be versitile.
      For a fast moving event, like a basketball game…TRIPOD!

Really just depends on what type event you are shooting.
      I say get one that isn’t to expensive and give it a try.

Donnie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap